Seniors—your hard work has paid off and it will soon be time for graduation celebrations and ceremonies.
- Thank your counselors, recommendation writers and anyone else who has helped you throughout your college process by writing a note to express your appreciation for all their efforts. Let your supporters know your plans for next fall.
- Although you may be tempted to toss that pile of college admission materials in the trash, sort through and save the following:
- A final copy of each of your essays— save them on your computer or back-up device, and/or print a hard copy
- Print a copy of your completed Common App — your online account will become inactive
- Your test score report(s)
- Your transcript
- “Important” school work, such as essays or research papers.
- Maintain an updated list of activities and awards or honors to help you create your resume when needed.
You may be asked to provide any or all of this information at different times throughout your college years—when you apply for internships, jobs and any special academic programs. Organizing everything now will save you time and stress later.
3. Finish strong. Don’t let anything disrupt your college bound plan. Complete your high school requirements and stay focused.