Seniors, graduation is around the corner and very soon, you will be a college student! Before all the big events and special celebrations begin, there are a few more items to check off your college to-do list.
- Thank the people who have helped you throughout your college process. Write a note to your guidance or college counselor, recommendation writers and anyone else who has guided you along the way. This is a good opportunity to let your supporters know what your plans are for next fall and it’s also nice to let them know how much you appreciate their efforts.
- Save all your college admission materials, don’t throw in the trash. You may be asked to provide the following when you apply for internships, jobs and special academic programs:
- A final copy of each of your essays— save them on your computer or back-up device, or print a hard copy
- Your completed Common App — print a copy because your online account will become inactive shortly
- Your test score report(s.
- Your transcript
- “Important” school work you may want to use if asked for samples
- A list of any new activities and awards or honors, to help you create your resume when needed
- Finish strong. Don’t let anything disrupt your college bound plan. Complete your high school requirements and stay focused.
Give yourself a big round of applause because all your hard work has paid off and an exciting adventure awaits you. You’re on your way to a school where you belong and can succeed.