It’s so important for you to confirm that your applications are complete and that all the required components have been received by your schools. Application requirements and deadlines vary by school, making it all the more important to stay organized.
The easiest way to do this is to create a list of your schools and the specific materials required by each one. Then, using the online service your high school subscribes to, consulting the online tracking system you may have been assigned by each individual college, or checking by phone, verify whether each school has received the following components:
- The Common Application or Universal College Application
- Individual school application and/or supplement, if applicable. This may include an essay or personal statement.
- Standardized test scores (SAT, ACT, SAT II, AP, TOEFL)
- Official high school transcript
- Mid-year grades
- Guidance counselor letter of recommendation
- Letters of recommendation (from teachers, coaches, employers)
- Application fee
- CSS/Financial Aid PROFILE
- Individual school and state required financial aid forms
Please, remember— it’s your responsibility to confirm your file is complete!