FAFSA forms are now available. Seniors, it’s time to turn your attention to financial aid. You’re now eligible to complete and submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) which is required for all students who want to be considered for federal, state and institutional financial aid.
There are three ways to complete the FAFSA:
- Create your account on FAFSA on the Web and login.
- Students and parents should apply for their own individual PINs to use as their signature. Don’t forget to jot down your PINs now for easy reference to be used anytime in the future.
- When you submit your FAFSA online, print out the confirmation page and file it in a safe place.
- Print and fill out by hand or complete your application on the screen and then print the finished form.
- Mail the form and save a copy for your records.
- Paper forms can be requested by calling 800.433.3243.
- Mail your completed form and save a copy for your files.
Please note deadlines for the FAFSA differ from school to school and state to state. Find state deadlines on the the FAFSA website. Check with each college, on their website or by calling their financial aid office, to confirm individual deadlines. Don’t delay— the earlier your application is reviewed, the more money there may be available.
There are many resources available to help you complete your FAFSA:
- Call the FAFSA hotline at 800.433.3243 to speak with a customer service representative or chat live online with a rep.
- Use the FAFSA on the Web Worksheets to help you get organized.
- Get help filling out your FAFSA from NerdScholar.