CSS/Financial Aid PROFILE


Each college and university has their own requirements for students applying for financial aid, scholarships and grant money. Check the financial aid section of each individual school website or call the financial aid office directly to confirm their particular requirements.

Schools use a number of aid forms. By now you are probably working on your FAFSA application. Another form to take a look at is the CSS/Financial Aid PROFILE— used by many schools to determine student eligibility for non-federal student aid.

The CSS/PROFILE must be completed online at www.collegboard.com in order to be considered for all need-based university grants and scholarships. After  you’ve registerd with the College Board, look through the list of participating colleges and universities. The College Board will send your CSS applications to the schools you choose.

Also, pay attention to the priority and closing filing dates for each school. Some aid is granted on a first-come, first-served basis so apply as early as allowed.

When you’re done, print the acknowledgment page and file it in a safe place.

This entry was posted in Bound To Organize, Paying the Bills and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s